My family and I eat healthy by choosing all natural, whole foods. Some people think eating all natural foods means eating grass for dinner. Yes, some of my friends have pretty much thought that, however, it is not true.
Eating whole foods are super healthy for you, taste good, and easy to make. Foods consumed in their nature state supply more vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to help you feel great and be well. Really, the easiest whole foods are things like fruit, veggies, and nuts. However, it is very easy to put whole foods together to make some delicious recipes. I thought I would share with you a few whole foods recipes I enjoy making and eating during the summer.
They are healthy, yummy, and quick to make. Give them a try!
My All Time Favorite Smoothie
1 cup of water
Six frozen strawberries (can be unfrozen if you prefer)
2/3 cup of blueberries
2 big handfuls of spinach
A drizzle of honey
1. Place in blender and blend it up
Assortment of fruits (strawberry, blueberry, kiwi, etc)
Any fruit juice or water
A Popsicle container
1. Cut your fruit in small pieces.
2. Place small amount of fruit in each container.
3. Pour juice in each container over the fruit.
4. Put the Popsicle tops on.
5. Place in freezer.
Raw Cookie Dough Bites
(Found this on the web a few years back)
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup raw oat flakes
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate
1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon, and salt to a fine meal.
2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
3. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or dark chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine the chocolate into mix.
4. Roll the cookie dough into balls about a tbsp each and place on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for an hour so your cookie dough bites can harden. Store in a tightly covered container in the freezer.
I hope this help you find some new summer time recipes that you will enjoy during the summer months!